Michel O. Weisz, Esq. – Attorney
Michel O. Weisz concentrates his practice in commercial litigation and represents clients in diverse and challenging litigation matters throughout the United States.
Michel focuses his practice on commercial cases involving warranty and defective product claims, partnership/business disputes, commercial fraud, and commercial real estate matters. Among other clients, Michel represents several prominent luxury yacht manufacturers, and has over 20 years’ experience investigating and litigating marine casualty claims, including losses resulting from mechanical failures, fires, and construction and design defects.
He has also represented clients in first amendment religious freedom, speech and other constitutional claims in federal and appellate courts. Michel has argued before the Florida Supreme Court, several Florida District Courts of Appeal, the United States Courts of Appeal for the Fifth, Seventh, and Eleventh Circuits, and has been part of over thirty published appellate decisions. His trial practice has encompassed cases in Florida, New Jersey, California, Michigan, Texas, North Carolina, New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Illinois and Virginia before state, federal and bankruptcy courts.
- Obtained dismissal, summary judgment or jury verdict on behalf of various boat manufacturers in numerous cases across the country in claims alleging breach of warranty or design defect claims
- Represented foreign national against $200,000,000.00 claim involving US and offshore trusts and Venezuelan estate distribution
- Successfully represented private process servers in constitutional claim against Sheriffs in various Florida counties when Sheriffs sought to impose conditions, limits and fees not permitted by statute
- Successfully defended individual wrongfully accused of participating in $500,000,000 Ponzi scheme
- Prosecuted and received multi-million dollar recovery on behalf of limited partners defrauded by general partner in Miami Beach hotel real estate venture
- Defended numerous yacht builders against warranty and product liability claims related to defective construction of yachts or installation of associated equipment (engines, generators, pumps, switches, insulation and sealing systems) and the design and installation of boat systems (electrical, electronic and mechanical).
- Defended yacht builders against fire and other damage claims resulting from electrical failures including claims related to original equipment installations, after market repairs or installation of replacement parts. Claims include fires originating in fuel systems, DC and AC electrical components, power distribution systems, wiring, fusing, or other failures in electrical systems.
- Defended yacht builders in claims based on mechanical failures of engines, generators and other major components; switch, pump and insulation failures; and claims related to propulsion systems, use or incorporation of unapproved or unsafe components, corrosion, chemical combustion and arson.